I was thinking the other day about words that I especially like. Of course, that sort of thinking brings me to a list. Why? I LOVE lists!!
Words I like:
- Chortle - This just sounds fun, don't you think?
- Martini - Think of all the ways you can describe this...Shaken, stirred, dirty, dry, olive, no olive!
- Snafu - Now I wonder, is this really and truly a word? An official word? I really don't care either way, just wondering...
- Mrs. Nezbit - Okay, okay...I know this is a) two words and b) technically, not really a word at all, but really, is there a cooler sounding name? I think not.
- Fritter - As in, "He frittered away all his money". Doesn't this sound so much better than "wasted"?
- Hankering - I would rather have a hankering for something rather than a mere craving. If you're craving something, I imagine a drooling, wild-eyed mess. Whereas, when you have a hankering for something, you could be roping cows and shearing sheep while wishing you had something! This sounds much more exciting.
- Porcupine - No reason, really...I just like the way it sounds. ;)