Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's elementary my dear Watson

I got to thinking today as I was playing with my phone and listening to music and feeling the heat coming out of the vents in my room...modern stuff is great! Then my little brain started to make a list...naturally.

Things I could live without, but wouldn't like it very much

My cell phone. I love my phone. It's the prettiest shade of blue, it has cool ring tones and games and quite frankly, I just feel awesome and incredibly important when I use it.

Migraine medicine. I would willingly give "favors" to the medical team that invented Maxalt. Not only was the pain gone within 30 minutes, but I then went on to enjoy a delightful little tingle all over. *sigh* (BTW, an extra bonus here was when I got to tell my mom that the medicine made me feel slightly high. She still freaks out a little whenever I mention my sordid history of recreational drug use. Yes, it makes me slightly evil that I get pleasure from shocking my mom, but really...she makes it so damn easy.)

Air conditioning. I don't like being hot. As a matter of fact, I HATE being hot. Sweating is nasty and I hate that too. It makes me cranky and I don't like being cranky. I love my air conditioning. Love it. ♥

The Internet. Not only do I use it to take college classes, I love being able to open the magic screen and look up anything I want. I also love Facebook and Goodreads and blogging and iTunes and Etsy and Cakewrecks and Pogo and Netflix and All Recipes. You betcha, the Internet sure is handy dandy.

My washer, dryer and dishwasher. Really, do I have to say anything here? Just think of the alternatives...washboards, clothes lines, dishpan hands. Does this sound like a good time? I didn't think so.

I'm sure there's more that I'm not thinking of right now. I know this because The Mr. enjoys pointing out that I wouldn't have survived very long in the "old days". He seems to have the idea that I am high-maintenance, which I disagree with completely. I'm not high-maintenance, I'm just smart enough to take advantage of my surroundings. Is that so wrong? Is it? It would be wrong of me not to acknowledge the achievements of others. So, in reality, I'm a humanitarian who champions those who dare to dream of what could be!

1 comment:

  1. The internet is a must for me. I would be so much more lonely with out it. My house might be cleaner though...

    ReplyDelete

Comments? I love comments! Drinks all around!